Photography workshop in Bucovina (Northern Romania)
Dates: October 13 – 16, 2016
Landscape, People, Travel, Ethno-photography
We will spend 4 days (3 nights) photographing the amazing region of Bucovina with:
- beautiful landscapes at sunrise and sunset in traditional villages like Paltinu or Plesa.
- people who still keep traditions alive (blacksmiths, shepherds)
- Rarau mountains with its panoramic views and strange rock formations
- Mocănița Huțulca, the photogenic steam train
- a glimpse of the Romanian peasant’s life.
The workshop will include:
- photographic assistance
- feedback and discussion sessions about the photos taken during the workshop
- on location instructions regarding light, composition and technique
There will be no fixed schedule, as we want to optimize shooting conditions and we will go by the light. We will wake up every day for the sunrise and after the sunset and dinner, we will sit and discuss the pictures and techniques.
Beginners, amateurs and professionals, dSLR or mirrorless owners, are welcomed. The workshop will be adapted to everyone’s needs. You can try to get familiar with your camera’s functions and menu, but any questions are welcomed.
Please, bring comfortable clothes and footwear, as we will spend a lot of time outdoors. Have in mind that it might get chilly in the mornings and evenings or rain, so also bring warm and waterproof gear.
Pricing, accomodation and travel
The workshop costs include accommodation in a double room at a guesthouse, homemade meals (breakfasts and dinners), photographic assistance. The price does not include transport to and from Bucovina and transport in the area. It is planned that the we will go around in 2-3 cars, mainly from the participants, depending on number of people. After the workshop the fuel costs will be divided evenly between the participants. For more information regarding the price, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please book space on the workshop by sending an e-mail to Sorin Onisor at email@example.com. If you would like to bring your partner or friend to the workshop, then please indicate this in the registration e-mail.